Michaël LEVY was born in Toulouse. He now lives in Paris where he teaches Graphic Design and Photography.
• He spent the first years of his life in a small village in the Lot region of south-west France, not far from the town of Cahors, then moved to a village 50 kilometers (30 miles) south of Toulouse at the age of ten.
• His childhood was punctuated by two sad events: the death of his father when Michaël was only 13; a loss of vision in his right eye from cancer, when he was 15.
• Drawn to the arts from a young age, he started playing the violin aged five, followed by the piano, and the guitar, before turning his hand to drawing; he bought himself his first camera when he was 20 (a Minolta X 700 with a 50 mm f/1.7 lens).
• This marked a turning point in Michaël’s life. He spent his days shooting roll after roll of Kodak film (T-MAX and TRI-X) and his nights making enlargements in his bathroom/darkroom.
• In 1998, he enrolled at a graphic design school to perfect his skills.
• In 2008, he undertook his first PHOTOGRAPHIC ROADTRIP, to the United States.
• Following numerous requests and questions from a wide variety of readers, Michaël decided to create a series of tools for travelers/photographers.
• Two guides appeared in 2010 and 2011: SOUTHWEST eROADBOOK, and ICELAND eROADBOOK.
• In 2012, Michaël LEVY registered the trademark INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER and published the very first geographical map for travel photographers: ICELAND V1 (SOLD OUT).
• In 2013 ICELAND V2 is published on waterproof paper.
• In 2014 ICELAND V3 is published, Best-Seller with more than 9000 maps sold.
• In 2018: New website, FAROE ISLANDS MAP V1 + eROADBOOK + DIGITAL ATLAS
• In 2020: ICELAND V4 is published with 3D Relief (SOLD OUT)
• In 2021: OUESSANT V1 (BRITTANY) is published, first map of a french territory.
• In 2022: ICELAND V5 is published dedicated to Icelandic Volcanoes.
Next destination in 2023: Wonderful Lofoten Islands!